Speaking events & written publications
- Guest speaker at 'Hope After Breast Cancer' live video webinar, 'Intimacy After Cancer with Tess Deveze'. April 2022.
- Guest speaker at Disability Consulting Services (DSC) national conference 'Supported Decision Making: In Practice' on relationships, intimacy & sexuality March 2022.
- Guest presenter at OTAustralia National Oncology & Palliative Care Interest Group. 'OT, sexuality & oncology; interventions and supports'. March 2022.
- Podcast guest speaker 'My Cancer Story'. Season 3 Episode 4. Tess Devèze - 'Stage 2 Breast Cancer - ConnectAble Therapies'. February 2022.
- Invited speaker at 'Australasian Brachytherapy Group' online Annual Scientific Meeting. Presenting: 'Sexual quality of life management and recovery for oncology patients; survivor and clinical perspectives'. February 2022.
- Guest interviewee for live 'Ask The Author' with Andrea Wilson Woods at Cancer University LLC. USA. February 2022.
- Guest presenter at national 'Allied Health Oncology Group' clinical national meeting. Presenting on 'Sexuality & Cancer interventions'. February 2022
- Guest speaker at live virtual show, Algonquin College - Canada & 'Turn Me On' podcast. Episode 218: 'Kinky Consent with Tess Devèze'. January 2022.
- Podcast guest speaker 'Sickboy podcast' podcast. Episode: 'Cancer Doesn't Have to Destroy Your Sex Life: Breast Cancer'. December 2021.
- Published article in 'Living Now Magazine'. AUS national digital issue 8: Relationships. 'Arousal: Reactive vs Proactive'. November 2021.
- Podcast guest speaker 'The Satisfaction Project'. Episode 6. 'Sex work and disability, with Melinah Viking and Tess Devèze'. November 2021.
- Published article in USA national magazine 'Cancer Wellness'. Article 'Bringing Sexy Back'. Issue 12: Women's Health Issue. November 2021.
- Podcast guest speaker 'Glow West; Conversations About Sexual Wellness'. Episode 105 'Sex, Cancer and Pleasure'. November 2021.
- Podcast guest speaker 'Happiness Through Hardship'. Episode 66. 'Where Has the Sex Gone – Finding Intimacy'. October 2021.
- Author release of 'A Better Normal; Your Guide to Rediscovering Intimacy After Cancer'. October 2021.
- Breast Cancer Network Australia's podcast 'Upfront about breast cancer'. Episode 35. 'The impact of breast cancer and sexual health'. September 2021.
- Interviewed for Breast Cancer Network Australia Magazine (BCNA) 'The Beacon', Issue 88, article 'Re-learning the language of sexuality'. August 2021.
- Guest Speaker & panelist Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA), 'Sexual Health & Wellbeing Conference'. August 2021.
- Guest speaker 'Broad Radio', Episode 33 'True Crime, Sex & Lockdowns'. August 2021.
- Podcast guest speaker 'Curious Conversations About Sex' discussing cancer and sex; 'Two (poly) Couples with Cancer Walk into a Bar'. April 2021.
- Interviewed for Magazine 'New Idea' discussing 'Sex With Cancer'. February 2021.
- Australian Catholic University (ACU), guest presenter at Grade 1 Occupational Therapy online summit 'Inspiring OTs'. November-December 2020.
- 'A touchy subject', collaborative online program for prostate cancer survivors 'Soft Penis Pleasure Training'. November 2020.
- 'The Institute for Sex, Intimacy and Occupational Therapy', video interview 'Teach Me Sex'. October 2020.
- Online sexuality summit, 'FEAST online; The Festival of Embodiment and Sexual Transformation'. Presenter and Q&A panelist, September 2020.
- Triple J 'The Hook Up', radio national interview and podcast recording on the topic 'Dating + Sex in a wheelchair'. August 2020.
- The Age, article 'About last night: After breast cancer, feeling unsexy is depressing' by Maureen Matthews. August 2020.
- Podcast guest speaker The Art of the Hook Up podcast, 'Chasing the big O with Tess from ConnectAble Therapies' with Georgie Wolf. August 2020.
- Podcast guest speaker The Spicy Boudoir; The Maven's private diaries. 'Talking about Sex, Cancer & Chemotherapy. Can they co-exist?' August 2020.
- The Sydney Morning Herald, article 'About last night: He's wonderful but wants an open relationship' by Maureen Matthews. July 2020.
- Podcast guest speaker Curious Conversations About Sex. Episodes 59 & 60. 'Four Sex Educators Walk Into a Bar'. June 2020.
- On advisory panel for development of disability friendly pleasure toys, for persons with dexterity and movement challenges, 'Handi'. June 2020.
- Online sexuality summit, 'Illuminate - Light your path to sexual wellness, embodiment & pleasure'. Presenter, facilitator and Q&A panelist, May 2020.
- Big Love Festival, at Second Story Studios. Co-facilitation on ethical non-monogamy with Roger Butler from 'Curious Creatures', November 2019.
- Podcast guest speaker Curious Conversations About Sex. Episode 50. 'What it's like to host Australia's daggiest sex-party'. November 2019.
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. Published, creative non-fiction piece "Fly Screen" in collated written works 'Stories from Peter Mac', November 2019.
- Joy FM, 'The triple Bipass' radio show. Discussions on ethical non-monogamy with Roger Butler from 'Curious Creatures', October 2019.
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. Exhibited creative non-fiction short story: "Prompts" at the 'Cracked Open' writers exhibition, October 2019.
- St Vincent's Hospital. In-hospital presentation for clinical OT's: 'Occupational Therapy & Sexuality - A functional perspective', November 2018.
An informative and practical guide, for anyone impacted by cancer experiencing changes in sexuality.
Written by Tess Devèze, a sexuality clinician who is also fighting stage 3 breast cancer, this book offers support and guidance on those more intimate struggles we face.
Topics and strategies covered such as;